Give a gift that lasts forever.
As a community, as supporters, as a club, we want Geelong to be the greatest team of all. We want future generations to feel the joy and be part of the GFC’s success.
Within Our Ambition lies Geelong Cats Forever. A group that helps future-proof our football club and achieve sustained success. It enables supporters to leave a bequest, a gift in your will, to the club. These gifts are for the future and the impact in which they have are great.
This is a gift for the future. Your gift will be securely invested and only the earning used to help the club grow and stay strong and successful. This means your gift will truly benefit the club FOREVER. “Income from bequests helps build long term success for the club. A gift helps provide the best, state-of-the-art facilities for our players; supports the development of our community programs; celebrates our heritage; and ensures our club stays at the cutting edge of the demands of today’s competitive game.”
For more information about Geelong Cats Forever, please contact email@example.com or call Eva George on 5225 2318
Wills & Bequests
A Will ensures that the distribution of your assets will be carried out in the way you intended so your legacy can continue for generations to come.
A bequest is simply an instruction in your Will to leave a gift to a specific person or organisation.
It is a common misconception that only wealthy people leave money to charities and clubs when they pass away. The reality is that most bequests are made by ordinary, hard-working people who want to make a positive difference.
When including the Geelong Cats in your Will, it can be as much or as little as you want. In making the decision, you can help make an extraordinary contribution to the fabric of one of the world’s oldest sporting clubs.
Types of Bequests
When making your Will, it is important to seek advice from a solicitor.
The main types include:
- The residue (remainder) of your estate after you have made provisions for your family and other beneficiaries
- A percentage of your estate
- A set amount of money
- A specific asset, e.g property, sgare portfolio, artworks
Updating your Will
Thankfully, making or revising a Will is neither difficult nor expensive. If you have already made your Will, you or your solicitor can easily add the Geelong Cats through a short legal amendment known as a codicil.
We recommend that you review your Will every few years. Circumstances change and your Will should reflect your current wishes. Family, friends and charity may all be part of your thoughts. Talk to your family and solicitor about the types of gifts that may best suit you.
If any of these factors are relevant to you, they form a good reason to ensure your wishes are accommodated:
- Travelling overseas or going on an extended holiday
- Change of family circumstances e.g marriage, seperation, divorce
- Illness, sickness or a health scare
1.VALUE - We value every gift. No matter how large or small, a gift in your Will is precious and deeply appreciated.
2. RESPECT - We will always respect your privacy. We recognise and appreciate that your Will is completely personal to you.
3. APRRECIATE - We appreciate that your family and loved ones always come first. We encourage you to share your wishes with you family.
4. UNDERSTANDING - You have the right to change your mind about a gift in your Will to the Geelong Cats at any time in the futue.
5. CONSIDERATE - We will use your gift carefully and cose effectively so that it has the greatest impact for the Geelong Cats. We will handle your gift with sensitivity, care and respect.
There are many benefits to joining Geelong Cats Forever – the most important being the help you’re giving to guarantee the club’s existence for generations to come. However, here are a few ways we say thank you.
- Your name recognised on the Geelong Cats Forever Honour Board
- Geelong Cats Forever Membership lapel pin
- Geelong Cats Forever Membership certificate
- Invitations to the Geelong Cats Forever annual function
- Behind the scenes tour of the Geelong Cats Football Department