The Geelong Cats are committed to remaining a powerful team to be reckoned with each and every year. There is a significant, ongoing requirement to improve and upgrade facilities from the day they are installed. Technology moves faster than anyone can anticipate, and it is the aim of the Cats to have leading edge player, coach and support facilities to ensure our club achieves the best results possible.
You have the opportunity to assist us with maintaining the benchmark facilities and programs required for the club and team to perform continuously at our peak.
• High Performance Equipment Needs – provides our players and coaches the necessary gymnasium and sports science equipment, enabling the teams to train and perform at optimum level
• Talent Identification Programs – allows us to find the best players, coaches and staff and give them the opportunity to play with the Cats through a wider and more thorough identification network worldwide
• Player Development Programs – ensures we can provide our players with a broad football education so they can be the best they can be both on and off the field. This is achieved through leadership development and specialist coaching programs
• Coaches and Football Staff Development – our coaches and other football staff strive to be better all the time to give the Cats the edge. This program provides our coaches and football staff professional development so they can help our club be more successful at what we do; and
• Sports Science Initiatives – science is providing more information which can be used to improve how players and coaches are able to perform. It is the Club’s aim to be at the cutting edge of sports science data, resources and facilities. One recent addition to the Cats is the purchase of GPS systems to more accurately provide information about individual team members’ performance.
Our club is committed to remaining a super-competitive team over the long term, and your donation will greatly assist us in achieving this.
Since the launch of our women’s program in 2017, the Geelong Football Club has been committed to leading a first-class sporting workplace, which provides a welcoming and inclusive environment to drive positive social change. We are dedicated in providing a strong pathway for women and will support our women by creating an environment consisting of specialised facilities and infrastructure, create programs and development opportunities to excel both on and off the field, increase participations and encourage women to take leading roles within the sporting industry.
We will operate a first-class sporting workplace with the right support structure, resources and environment
• List Management
• Coaching Methods & Game Plans
• Fitness & Injury Prevention
• Personal Development & Wellbeing
Realise equity through re-energising our internal leadership, commitment, capabilities and capacities to elevate our women’s program
• Workforce Capability & Capacity
• Human Resources
• Player & Staff Integration
3. INTEGRATION & CONNECTION
Provide a welcoming and inclusive experience for all who are engaged in our women’s football program. An environment where all players, staff and stakeholders feel a sense of belonging.
• Strategy & Operations Group
• Elevated Profile
• Club Integration