The Geelong Cats are committed to remaining a powerful team to be reckoned with each and every year. There is a significant, ongoing requirement to improve and upgrade facilities from the day they are installed. Technology moves faster than anyone can anticipate, and it is the aim of the Cats to have leading edge player, coach and support facilities to ensure our Club achieves the best results possible.
You have the opportunity to assist us with maintaining the benchmark facilities and programs required for the Club and team to perform continuously at our peak.
• High Performance Equipment Needs – provides our players and coaches the necessary gymnasium and sports science equipment, enabling the teams to train and perform at optimum level
• Talent Identification Programs – allows us to find the best players, coaches and staff and give them the opportunity to play with the Cats through a wider and more thorough identification network worldwide
• Player Development Programs – ensures we can provide our players with a broad football education so they can be the best they can be both on and off the field. This is achieved through leadership development and specialist coaching programs
• Coaches and Football Staff Development – our coaches and other football staff strive to be better all the time to give the Cats the edge. This program provides our coaches and football staff professional development so they can help our club be more successful at what we do; and
• Sports Science Initiatives – science is providing more information which can be used to improve how players and coaches are able to perform. It is the Club’s aim to be at the cutting edge of sports science data, resources and facilities. One recent addition to the Cats is the purchase of GPS systems to more accurately provide information about individual team members’ performance.
Our Club is committed to remaining an ultra-competitive team over the long term, and your donation will greatly assist us in achieving this.
The Geelong Football Club has been a critical part of the greater Geelong community for 160 years. We strive for success both on and off the field and are always looking to make a positive difference in the community that surrounds us. We are committed to being industry leaders by having the best women’s facilities in the league and by providing meaningful opportunities for all our athletes, coaches and staff. This is achieved by creating an environment consisting of specialised facilities and infrastructure, creating programs and development opportunities for our athletes and staff to excel both on and off the field and by increasing participation and encouraging women to take leading roles within the sporting industry.
We are passionate about and committed to driving a positive social change in women’s sport and the progression of women’s equity on and off the field.